1109 Geddes Avenue
Ruthven Building, Suite 2300
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1079
Primary Practice Areas
- Academic Affiliation and Exchange Agreements (international)
- Business and Transactions
- Commercial Law and Contracts
- Data Privacy and Protection/Security
- Information Technology and Incident Response
- International Law and Collaborations
- Michigan Radio
- Occupational Health and Safety
David joined the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel in 2016 and advises University clients on general business and commercial law matters. David is also responsible for advising University clients regarding other matters that fall into the practice areas listed above.
Immediately prior to joining the University, David worked as in-house counsel for Dow Corning Corporation in Midland, Michigan. Before that, he worked as an associate in the corporate reorganization department of Honigman Miller Schwartz and Cohn LLP in Detroit. David began his legal career working as an associate in the Boston office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where he practiced in the corporate department and mergers and acquisitions practice group.
David received his J.D. from the University of Notre Dame Law School and his A.B. from Harvard University.