300 North Ingalls Building, Room 3B04
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5476
Emily joined the Office of the Vice President and General Counsel in 2012 as a health law generalist providing counsel to the University of Michigan Health System. Her practice encompasses a wide variety of topic areas, including regulatory compliance, patient issues, privacy and confidentiality, and consumer complaints. She routinely advises health care professionals and staff on day-to-day issues that arise in the hospitals and clinics, drafts and revises policies and procedures, and provides education on legal and regulatory obligations.
Emily graduated summa cum laude from the University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law. During law school, she served as a teaching assistant, research assistant, editor for the University of Hawaii Law Review, and as judicial extern for the Honorable Richard R. Clifton, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
University Committees/Special Projects
- Schedule H / Community Benefit Committee
- Safe Medical Devices Act Committee
- JD, University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law (2011)
- BA, Economics, University of Hawaii (2007)
- BA, English, University of Hawaii (2007)
Professional Memberships and Outside Activities
- Member, American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Member, Michigan State Bar, Health Care Law Section
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association