9000 Wolverine Tower
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1288
Primary Practice Areas
- Charitable Giving
- Gifts and Bequests
- Bequest Administration
Katie Murphy joined the University of Michigan Office of the Vice President and General Counsel in February 2013 as an Associate General Counsel. Katie provides advice to the University and the Office of University Development on the legal and tax aspects of charitable giving. Katie also represents the University with respect to litigation involving gifts or bequests to the University.
Prior to coming to the University, Katie worked at a large Michigan law firm concentrating her practice in estate planning, estate administration, probate litigation and tax-exempt organizations. Katie received her law degree and a master’s degree in social work from the University of Michigan. She received her undergraduate degree from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
University Committees/Special Projects
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate & Estate Planning Section
- Washtenaw County Bar Association, Probate and Trust Section Member
- ICLE Probate and Estate Administration Certificate Recipient
- National Association of College and University Attorneys Member
- President of the Foundation for the Saline Area Schools
- Alzheimer’s Association, Former Board Member